We aim to provide a high standard of personal medical care to all our patients at all times. We could not achieve this without the participation and support of our practice nurses, our reception and administrative staff and our district nurses, health visitors and midwives. This charter sets out the standards that we undertake to achieve and also ways in which you can help us to help you.
Our Commitment to you:
- You can expect to be greeted in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- If you have an urgent problem you will be offered an emergency appointment to see a doctor the same day.
- For routine appointments we hope to be able to offer you an appointment with a doctor within 48 hours.
- All home visit requests will be met the same day where medically necessary.
- Every effort is made to make surgeries run on time, but you will appreciate that some consultations take much longer than others and it is not possible to predict in advance which these will be. If the delay is more than 20 minutes, our receptionist will try to let you know the reason for the delay.
- You can be assured of complete confidentiality by all the staff members dealing with your medical records.
- Referral letters to the hospital will be dispatched within five working days of your appointment.
- We will respect your need for dignity, privacy and your religious and cultural beliefs.
- If you are disabled or have special needs we will ensure our premises and services cater for you as far as possible.
- You have a right to see your medical records (subject to medico-legal limitations).
- You can expect a full and prompt reply to any complaint you make about our services.
How can you help us to help you?
- Our practice staff are here to help you. Please treat them as you would wish to be treated yourself.
- Please let the Surgery know as soon as soon as possible if you cannot keep your appointment. This will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
- Please only request a home visit if the patient is too ill to get to the surgery. Visit requests should be made before 10.00am.
- An appointment is for one person only. If more than one member of your family needs to be seen, please book an extra appointment. If you have several problems please book a double appointment to help us run to time.
- Please let us know when you change your address, name or telephone number.
- We are always happy to receive constructive suggestions as to how we can improve our services.